Each year GNOSEF sponsors a teacher workshop offered in late August or early September. The session is held at Tulane University for teachers interested in learning more about participating in the Greater New Orleans Science and Engineering Fair.
The format typically includes an introduction to the GNOSEF plus the opportunity to attend 3 breakout sessions that allow participants to focus on their particular interest and need. Breakout session topics typically cover topics such as:
- Integrating Experimental Design Into Your Classroom
- Management of the Research Paper Process
- Fundamental Ways to Analyze Data
- Getting a Project on the Floor
- Communicating Your Project: from Research Plan to final Abstract, Poster and “Elevator Pitch” Presentation